February 4 – March 28
$120 for all participants
$25 additional for the Red & Black Convention Awards Gala
Purchase Gala and T-shirts Separately
Gala and T-shirt Purchases
A $3.00 processing fee will be added to each registration.
There is a $25 cancellation fee per registrant for registration and Gala cancellations received on or prior to February 4, 2019. After February 4, these fees are non-refundable.
Session Moderators Needed
While a chair will introduce each session and its participants, moderators are responsible for facilitating the Q & A at the end of the sessions. The faculty moderators’ tasks look very much like the work they do in the classroom: fostering discussion that leads to deeper understanding of the works. Moderators allow convention attendees—both those in the audience and the presenters, whom they should encourage to ask questions of each other—to dictate the direction of the discussion. Because sessions are limited to 75 minutes, moderators also keep time so that no participant exceeds the 15-minute time limit.
Moderators for regular paper sessions are usually faculty members, since alumni members are eligible as presenters in those sessions. Alumni or faculty can serve as moderators of roundtables.
- Sigma Tau Delta Moderator Volunteer Form – complete by February 7
- Moderator assignments will be listed on the “Schedule of Concurrent Sessions of Presenters, Chairs and Moderators,” which will be available in mid Februray.
The deadline to request a roommate for convention is Monday, March 9.
Sharing a room is a great way to save money and make lasting friendships.
For assistance finding roommates, email the Central Office at email@example.com.
- Your name and school
- Your email address and phone number
- Your gender
- Dates you need a roommate (check-in to check-out)
- Whether you have made hotel reservations (if yes, what type of room?)
- Number of roommates you wish