We heard you loud and clear!
At last year’s convention, one of the most frequent comments on our feedback survey was that students wanted more opportunities to work with experts and industry professionals. So this year’s schedule is jam-packed with workshops, roundtables, and special presentations by authorities in a wide variety of fields.
Start out at the Page Turners: Student Leadership Roundtable. Students can come to chat about all aspects of running a chapter. Share strategies, give advice, and get your questions answered at this interactive discussion session run by the Student Leadership Committee.
Then chose from a variety of workshops and special presentations including:
- Career Skills workshops by Susan de la Verne, Bethany Bowles and Rachel Houghton
- Teaching Opportunities workshops by Randy Cross and the NEHS Advisory Council
- Writing Careers workshops by Gary Dop, Rebecca Olien, Jessica Olien, and Bethany Bowles and Rachel Houghton.
- Chapter Development workshops by Bethany Bowles and Rachel Houghton, and the NEHS Advisory Council.
And don’t forget the special presentations and Q&A opportunities with our featured speakers:
- Ursula K. Le Guin (March 21, 2:30 p.m.)
- Timothy Egan (March 22, 7:45 p.m.)
- Anne Fadiman (March 23, 3:30 p.m.)
Read through the session descriptions and start planning your itinerary now to make sure you get the most out of your convention experience! Check the convention website frequently for updates and more information as it becomes available. Less than 5 weeks to go!