Rica Lelina is the Sigma Tau Delta Southwestern Region Associate Student Representative and is currently serving as her local chapter’s Secretary/Treasurer. She attends The University of Texas at Dallas in pursuance of a BA in Literary Studies. Outside of academia, Rica indulges her geeky side by playing video games and Dungeons and Dragons; attempts to create music via digital software, four-stringed instruments, and her kazoo; and occasionally likes to weave baskets to hold her knick knacks.
- My favorite movie is Howl’s Moving Castle.
- I never leave the house without my mini emergency sewing kit.
- If I had to eat one food for the rest of my life, it would be miso ramen.
- Growing up, I was sure I would be a published author.
- I know every word to the song “Bop to the Top” from High School Musical.
- The best gift I’ve ever received was a heartfelt, handwritten note.
- My nickname in high school was Ricki.
- If you find me in the kitchen, I’m typically whipping up an iteration of pasta and/or cookies.
- I’m both a reader and a writer.
- The best paper title I ever created was “Seaweed Brain or Greek Hero? Percy Jackson and Antiheroism.”
- The literary place I’d most like to visit is Edinburgh.
- My dream job is a librarian.
- An author I truly admire is C.S. Lewis.
- My go-to children’s book is Brothers Grimm Fairy Tales.
- The destination at the top of my travel bucket list is Iceland, ideally while the Northern Lights are peaking.
- My favorite part of being an English Major is learning to develop a more critical perspective.
- The last book I read was The Hidden Life of Trees by Peter Wohlleben.
- My favorite book is everchanging, but currently it’s Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë.
- My favorite place to buy books is Recycled Books & Records in Denton, TX.
- In 10 years, I’m betting that the big trend in literature will be a focus on environmentalism in the wake of the corporate technological advances.
- My first job was babysitting.
- The last book I bought was Convenience Store Woman by Sayaka Murata, and I have read it.
- The celebrity I’d most like to spend a day with is Taylor Swift.
- If I could move anywhere in the world, I’d live in Scotland, but I would also like to explore a semi-nomadic lifestyle and travel everywhere/anywhere.
- I’m a Ravenclaw.