Two weeks ago we announced Sigma Tau Delta’s reinvigorated partnership with Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library with the introduction of the new Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library Internship, offered exclusively to active Sigma Tau Delta undergraduate and graduate members. (Applications are due by November 30, so apply today!) We are now excited to announce the second stage of our renewed partnership, which showcases a unique opportunity for chapters to continue pursuing important literacy-based service work during a time when traditional fundraising efforts prove difficult. On December 9 at 6 p.m. CST The Dollywood Foundation will be hosting a Facebook Live event to premiere their brand new feature-length documentary on the Imagination Library.
Dolly Parton began the Imagination Library in 1995 to encourage early childhood literacy in her home county in East Tennessee. The goal was to provide high-quality, age-appropriate books to all children, regardless of their family’s financial situation, from birth to 5th birthday. Since then, the Imagination Library has mailed over 149 million books to children in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, and Australia!
Help Dolly Expand Her Library
The Dollywood Foundation is very excited to announce the exclusive Facebook premiere of an Imagination Library documentary, The Library that Dolly Built, Celebrating the People Who Made Dolly’s Dream Come True, on December 9, 2020 at 6 p.m. CST. The event will open with an introduction from Dolly herself. Following the documentary Dolly will return for a live Q&A session before wrapping up the night with a song!
This event is intended to drive awareness of the Imagination Library and their local community!
Please spread the word about the premiere through your social media! We invite you to join us on Imagination Library’s Facebook page to watch the documentary, but we also ask for your chapter’s help in raising awareness with your audiences. Your chapter can get involved in several different ways:
- Participate in our Social Media Challenge (Monday, November 23 – December 9). See guidelines below.
- Attend the The Library that Dolly Built, Celebrating the People Who Made Dolly’s Dream Come True, on December 9, 2020, 6:00 p.m. CST on Imagination Library’s Facebook page.
- Your chapter can consider hosting a Facebook watch party to enjoy The Library that Dolly Built. You could even include a fundraising option for the Imagination Library by selling tickets to your watch party and then donating the proceeds to a local Imagination Library Affiliate Chapter.
Social Media Challenge Guidelines (November 23 – December 9, 2020)
Beginning today and running through the Facebook Live premiere, Sigma Tau Delta will be hosting a social media challenge. Our goal is to help spread the word about Dolly’s event! More people learning about and attending the premiere ultimately means more books in the hands of children. You can participate in the challenge in three different ways:
- Share Sigma Tau Delta’s social media posts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram promoting the Library that Dolly Built Facebook live event on your personal and chapter social media accounts.
- Tag Sigma Tau Delta on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram in your own posts to your personal or chapter social media accounts talking about why you are excited about Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library and promoting the live event.
- Add a We/I Support Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library frame or a The Library that Dolly Built frame to your profile picture and tag the Sigma Tau Delta International English Honor Society’s Facebook page in your update.
At the end of the contest, all participants will be entered in a raffle drawing for autographed copies of Dolly Parton’s books.
Help us help Dolly hit her goal of 150-million books mailed to children!