Better World Books (BWB), Sigma Tau Delta’s National Service Partner, has issued a challenge: if 13 more chapters commit to running a BWB Campus Book Drive by Thanksgiving, BWB will randomly select one of them to win a basket of leadership books!
Of course the chances to win don’t stop there.
- The Sigma Tau Delta Chapter that collects the most books will receive the BWB Book Drive Project Award: a $100 donation, sponsored by BWB, to give to a charity of their choice.
- Students who participate in a BWB Campus Book Drive are eligible to apply for a six week, paid BWB Summer Internship. Interns become an integral part of the BWB team and BWB works with you to design the internship of your dreams. Read more about the experiences of past interns here.
- The Top 25 Sigma Tau Delta BWB Campus Book Drives will be recognized on our website.
And of course everybody is a winner with great opportunities such as these:
- Sigma Tau Delta chapters will earn $1.00 for every accepted book. Check the A-List for examples of books that are likely to be accepted. Last year, BWB paid Sigma Tau Delta chapters over $16,000 for accepted books.
- Every accepted book also raises money for one of BWB’s Literacy Partners. The program has raised more than 10 million dollars for non-profit literacy initiatives and libraries worldwide.
Drives are super easy and free for chapters! BWB provides all the supplies needed for chapters to run a successful book drive (collection bins, posters, shipping boxes) and covers all shipping costs. They even provide you with a campus account representative who can help with everything from promoting the drive to coordinating with other groups on campus. There is really no good excuse not to run a BWB book drive on your campus.
- Books which cannot be resold will be donated or recycled, preventing waste and conserving trees and water.
Take up the challenge by starting your Better World Campus Book Drive today!
Contact BWB at email@example.com or 888-510-7103 x1706.